Thursday, January 26, 2012

2 Broke Girls - 1x14 - And the Upstairs Neighbor

Yeah so...not bad, I guess? I don't really remember much about this. I really should write these posts right after the episode. I guess if I don't remember much about it, it couldn't have been that bad. It also wasn't that good either, I suppose.

Max and Caroline get a new upstairs neighbor who likes to play loud music and party at night. Max, in full-on berzerker urban paranoid hermit mode, wants to straighten this shit out right away, by scaring the shit out of the neighbor and being all psycho and mean. At the same time, Caroline is trying to play nice and make friends with all the neighbors, because the previous upstairs tenant's untimely demise has left her with a Liz Lemon moment and she'd like someone to notice if they suddenly died in their apartments and went missing.

But not this guy. He is specifically forbidden from going near our bodies.
At the very least, I'd think Oleg would notice a great disturbance in his pants, as if millions of tasteless jokes were suddenly silenced.

When Good Cop, Bad Cop doesn't quite work, the girls face eviction from their apartment when the upstairs neighbor threatens to call the landlord (they're subletting illegally, after all). More niceness seems to smooth things over, but just as they're all getting along splendidly, it seems pretty obvious that she's actually a madam who's somehow running an entire bordello out of her apartment. As Earl says in probably his best line on the show, "I don't like to judge a book by it's cover, but if she was a book, she'd be the kind that other books pay for sex."

I ... got nothing.
Endless jokes about Caroline using her lip gloss and getting herpes later, we find out it was all a misunderstanding, and she really just runs a cleaning lady business. And likes to invite her employees to have girly, frilly sleepovers in her apartment.

There was some talk about her offering Caroline and Max a job to help them sock away money for their business, and maybe that'll come to something later, but I'm not sure I care.



No comments: